Wednesday, October 22, 2008

{fun}+{excitement} in Kuftal Tunnel

I went to Kuftal Tunnel not really expecting to find the coffer at, oh, 3:50 am but thinking I might as well give it a try before going to bed.

So guess what? Lol, I find the coffer pretty darn easily (it was near the part from which I entered), but it was guarded by a "decent challenge" Haunt with high evasion and defense, so I summon Titan (hey, big beefy guy, right?) and my NPC Fellow (sorry, Jesimae!) to engage it, then quickly use the key, netting me my gil prize.

I turn to see first Titan, then Jesimae bite the dust one after each other very quickly. I know I have to get out of there but, instead of hitting a macro, being the newbish (hey I haven't played in a while!) me, I open my magic list and go for the first teleport spell I can lay my fingers on. Luckily, I've scrolled through my list and know it well enough to find a teleport within a second or so.

The Haunt starts casting Burst (the only reason I'm not dead yet!) and I start casting Teleport-Mea, but its Burst finishes a little sooner than my Teleport-Mea, causing 690 damage to me!

Then it attacks me twice (for 82 HP and 75 HP!), but my Teleport-Mea kicks in at that point and I teleport away! I escaped with 49 HP! Lol! 49 HP! Geez.

I got 13,690 gil from that coffer in Kuftal Tunnel. :D And yes, this just happened to me, at 4 o'clock am lol. Anyway, that was fun. Just wanted to share. :)

No comments: